This summer pair your oysters with a huge paw paw pop and delicous bottle brush flavour!
Our Head Chef Kyle Nicol, has just released the recipe for our mignonette using Poison and Cures Paw Paw and Bottle Brush Vinegar. The vinegar is made using native and foraged ingredients with traditional techniques.
It works wonderfully in this mignonette, that is bloody delicious, interesting and super simple to make!
Give the below a crack to be fancy and wow your family and friends - or just put vinegar straight onto oyster and slurp it down to flavour town!
Paw Paw and Bottle Brush Mignonette Recipe
- 1tsp shallots
- 1tsp celery
- 100ml Poison and Cures vinegar
- 100ml bubbles (champagne or any sparkling wine – for NA alternative use soda water)
- Cracked pepper
- Finely chop shallots and celery (brunoise-style)
- Stir together vinegar, celery, shallots, pepper, and bubbles and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Serve in small ramekin with freshly shucked oysters (or any seafood really)
*Tip: Mignonette can be made the day before serving and chilled (covered).